To our community of friends, ticket bookers, artists and visitors
Taliesin has worked closely over recent months with Swansea University, as well as colleagues within the arts industry, in preparing the building to make it as safe as possible for when we re-open for customers, University staff and students. We have ensured that the work undertaken is fully compliant with the Welsh Government’s guidance for a phased return at cultural venues, which is available here to read.
We are hugely committed to continuing our role as a vital part of the cultural life of the region.
We have put the following measures in place to ensure that your future visit to us is both safe and enjoyable. Please note, that the following measures will be regularly reviewed, and revised, as the situation and/or guidance changes.
- Building Access - When you arrive, you can access us directly on the first floor of the building through the main entrance. There is ramped access to the first-floor main entrance. Please note, there is no access to the theatre/auditorium from the ground floor.
- We have put in place plenty of signage and staff will be on hand when you arrive.
- A hand sanitiser station is located just inside the entrance to the building. We ask that you use this when you arrive.
- There is a simple one-way system around the foyer, giving access to the toilets, the Box Office, and in and out of the auditorium. Please follow the arrows for direction.
- The café/bar is closed for the time being with no bar service available at present and the area has been cleared to allow more space.
- Toilets will be available for public use, but we will reduce the number of people able to enter in and out at any time, and they will be more frequently cleaned.
- Increased Cleaning - We’re cleaning our building more, with regular and scheduled cleaning/wiping of surfaces and touchpoints, for everyone’s safety.
- Face coverings are now mandatory and must always be worn for the duration of your visit. We appreciate that some people may be exempt. We ask that all our customers are considerate towards fellow audience members.
- Reduced Queuing - We’re avoiding queuing in our building by using spacing markers on the floor and reduced capacities.
- Limited Capacities - We’ve reduced the seats available for sale in our venue – this will mean much less congestion in the building and fewer people in the theatre. We will review this according to any changes in the situation.
- Physically Distanced Seating - Following government guidelines we’re distancing seats. Staff will assist with entry and exit in the auditorium, the doors will be open 30 minutes before the event start time, please take your seats on arrival.
- Due to reduced capacity and to avoid too much waiting, we encourage you to pre-book your tickets.
- Tickets can be printed at home, posted, or presented as an E-ticket. Please consider using an E-ticket if you can – we will send you a QR code to download with your booking details – you can self-scan at the doors on your smartphone, staff will be available to assist. There is no 'collect from box office' for pre-purchased tickets.
- Test & Trace – Our ticketing system allows us to securely record your details, and is GDPR compliant, your lead party details will be required for every booking. Your contact details will not be used for marketing unless you have previously given your consent.
- Box office will be open half an hour prior to the event start time for door sales, subject to availability. You can find up-to-date Box Office phone line and opening hours here.
- Contactless Payments – Whilst we encourage online bookings, or bookings by telephone in advance, we can accept contactless payment for safer transactions. We are not able to accept cash payment at present.
- Taliesin staff will be on hand to assist customers who may have difficulty in relation to the signage or any aspect of the new measures. All Taliesin staff are familiar with these measures, and they will endeavour to ensure your safety at all times during your visit to Taliesin.
- Ticket return policy: Please note that if you purchase tickets and cannot attend, we can issue a credit voucher for your order, which you can use for an alternative event, valid for 1 year, there is a charge of £1 per ticket for this service. Request to return tickets for exchange or credit must be received at the box office at least 4 hours in advance of the screening or performance, we would appreciate as much notice as possible to enable us to sell your ticket on to other.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the programme at short notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or admit latecomers.
You will notice on our new What’s On page, that we are pleased to have been able to reschedule many events from earlier in 2020.
If you have any outstanding queries about previous bookings or transactions, please get in touch by email : email@example.com . If you are unable to contact us by email, you can call us on Box Office 01792 60 20 60 but please take note of our revised opening hours.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.