To our community of friends, ticket bookers, artists and visitors
*Updated 12 November 2021*
From 15 November:
Following government guidelines, and in addition to our existing measures, from 15 November, you will need to provide proof of your COVID status to attend events at Taliesin, Swansea University. This is now a requirement for venues, theatres and cinemas, in Wales.
COVID status can be demonstrated in any of the following ways:
- the digital NHS COVID pass - people who are fully vaccinated in Wales can download a certificate proving they are fully vaccinated. [Get your NHS COVID Pass | GOV.WALES ]
- a paper version of the NHS COVID pass. A paper version of the COVID pass is valid for 30 days. This renews every time you log on and you can print a new copy [Get your NHS COVID Pass | GOV.WALES]
- proof of vaccination certificate. Please find details of how to; Request a paper NHS COVID Pass
- confirmation of a negative test result by email or text provided by gov.uk (this should be no older than 48 hours). Please note that a lateral flow test cannot be accepted, the result must be registered [https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result ] . You will then receive an email or text containing your confirmation.
- confirmation of a positive test within the last 6 months which has been followed by the appropriate period of isolation (i.e.10 days) - this can be evidenced through the NHS COVID pass or via an official text or email from gov.uk
Under 18s are exempt from this rule.
Customers aged 18 or over who cannot provide one of the above forms of proof of their COVID status will be refused entry, in line with government requirements.
Please note that:
- We cannot accept a lateral flow test alone. You must register your test result via the Government website Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) .
- We cannot accept your proof of vaccination alone. You must provide a COVID pass or registered lateral flow test.
- Face masks are still mandatory throughout your visit to the venue, and other measures remain in place as detailed on our website.
Taliesin has worked closely over recent months with Swansea University, as well as colleagues within the arts industry, in preparing the building to make it as safe as possible for when we re-open for customers, University staff and students. We have ensured that the work undertaken is fully compliant with the Welsh Government’s guidance for a phased return at cultural venues, which is available here to read.
We are hugely committed to continuing our role as a vital part of the cultural life of the region.
We have put the following measures in place to ensure that your future visit to us is both safe and enjoyable. Please note, that the following measures will be regularly reviewed, and revised, as the situation and/or guidance changes.
- Building Access - When you arrive, you can access us directly on the first floor of the building through the main entrance. There is ramped access to the first-floor main entrance.
- We have put in place signage and staff will be on hand when you arrive.
- A hand sanitiser station is located just inside the entrance to the building. We ask that you use this when you arrive.
- There is a one-way system around the foyer, giving access to the Box Office, toilets and in and out of the auditorium. Please follow the arrows for directions.
- The café/bar is closed for the time being with no bar service available at present.
- Toilets will be available for public use, and they will be more frequently cleaned.
- Increased cleaning - We’re cleaning our building more, with regular and scheduled cleaning/wiping of surfaces and touchpoints, for everyone’s safety.
- Face coverings continue to be mandatory and must always be worn for the duration of your visit, including when seated in the auditorium. We appreciate that some people may be exempt. We ask that all our customers are considerate towards fellow audience members.
- Physically Distanced Seating – Taliesin, as part of Swansea University, is following university guidelines for socially distanced seating. Staff will assist with entry and exit in the auditorium, the doors will be open 30 minutes before the event start time, please take your seats on arrival.
- Due to reduced capacity and to avoid too much waiting, we encourage you to pre-book your tickets.
- Tickets can be collected, posted, printed at home, or presented as an E-ticket. Please consider using an E-ticket if you can – we will send you a QR code to download with your booking details – you can self-scan at the doors of your smartphone, staff will be available to assist.
- Test & Trace – Our ticketing system allows us to securely record your details, and is GDPR compliant, all visitor details will be required for every booking. Your contact details will not be used for marketing unless you have previously given your consent.
- The box office will be open from 2 hours prior to the event start time for door sales and ticket collections. The box office will be closed to in-person visits at all other times. . You can find up-to-date Box Office phone lines and opening hours here.
- Contactless Payments – Whilst we encourage online bookings, or bookings by telephone in advance, we can also accept contactless payment for safer transactions.
- Taliesin staff will be on hand to assist customers who may have difficulty in relation to the signage or any aspect of the new measures. All Taliesin staff are familiar with these measures, and they will endeavour to ensure your safety at all times during your visit to Taliesin.
- Ticket return policy: Please note we have temporarily amended our usual ticket return policy, if you purchase tickets and cannot attend, we can issue a full credit voucher for your order, which you can use for an alternative event, valid for 1 year. Requests to return tickets for exchange or credit must be received at the box office at least 4 hours in advance of the screening or performance, this can be done via telephone on 01792 602060 or email email@example.com. We would appreciate as much notice as possible to enable us to sell the ticket on to another patron/customer.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the programme at short notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or admit latecomers.
If you have any outstanding queries about previous bookings or transactions, please get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are unable to contact us by email, you can call us on Box Office 01792 60 20 60 but please take note of our revised opening hours.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.