We look forward to welcoming you to Taliesin. On this page you'll find everything you need to plan your visit, including how to find us, details of our cafebar, and ticketing policies, facilities for visitors with disabilities and a few FAQs about Taliesin.
To view a SEATING PLAN of our auditorium, please click HERE.
To see images of the auditorium please click HERE.
Taliesin Arts Centre
Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 1pm and 1.30pm - 4pm
The box office will remain open on performance evenings until 15 minutes after the performance starts. Unless otherwise stated screenings begin at 7.30pm.
The Great Hall
Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm (and from 2 hours prior to a performance during evenings and weekends.)
For telephone bookings for events at The Great Hall, Bay Campus, please call 01792 604900 / 604999
Why not come along early and pass the time in our light and airy café bar?
We have a good choice of wines and a full range of quality bottled beers and ciders, plus soft drinks and snacks.
For catering enquiries, please call 01792 205678, ext 4702.
Monday - Wednesday 11am -5pm
Thursday – Saturday 11am – 7pm
Sunday - 11am – 3pm ( Serving Sunday lunch only )
Telephone (01792) 513170
For under 18s, full-time students,Passport to Leisure, Junior Passport to Leisure, people in receipt of a state pension or Jobseeker's Allowance and people in receipt of DLA (patron's carer comes free). Proof of entitlement may be requested
Parties & Schools
Group bookings of 8 or more seats benefit from a 10% discount on all Taliesin events, (discount may be taken on both full price and concessionary tickets). Special schools prices are often available and school parties may bring one free accompanying teacher for every ten pupils. This does not apply to private hire events.
Refunds and exchanges
Please note tickets are not refundable. In certain circumstances, tickets may be exchanged for an alternative performance, however tickets must be returned and received at Box Office at least 24 hours in advance of the screening or performance. We must have the tickets returned to us in order to offer this service. There is a charge of £1 per ticket for this service. This does not apply to private hire events.
If you lose your tickets, we are able to reprint them for a £1 fee as long as a named customer booked the tickets.
Children under 2
Where your child is under 2 years of age, and is sitting on your lap, you should purchase a Parent & Baby lapseat. The ticket is one standard ticket price and allows a parent and baby to take up one seat.
Our Duty staff reserve the right to refuse admission to unaccompanied children if deemed inappropriate to the event. For cinema screenings we abide by classification decisions made by the BBFC, and reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone felt to be underage who cannot provide identification to prove otherwise. For further information regarding film certificates please click here.
We offer a waiting list service for sold out events, so that customers can be contacted should seats later become available. Customers wishing to be placed on the waiting list for any event must provide an e-mail address for contact, plus the number of seats required. The customer at the head of the list will be notified of available seats and must book within 24hrs. Reservations not paid for within 24hrs will go to the next person on the waiting list or put back on general sale if no customers are waiting.
Live Stream events
Live stream broadcasts are classed as 12A by default, except where noted otherwise. The 12A certificate is a temporary certificate for content which the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has not examined, and is valid for 7 days after the live performance only. When the production company then submits a recording of the same performance to the BBFC for classification, it may receive a higher or lower delayed live stream performance classification.
For further information regarding film certificates please click here.
The live stream performance timings given in the brochure and on this website are approximate as they are under the control of the production company e.g. National Theatre.
The Spice Time Credit scheme
This autumn we have introduced a scheme run by the charity Spice, where those who give their time for free in the community can earn Time Credits which can be exchanged for tickets for Taliesin performances where the Spice logo is shown.
As a thank you for the contribution of time to their community or service, individuals can earn one Time Credit for each hour of time given. They can then ‘spend’ Time Credit vouchers to access events at Taliesin.
Selected shows are linked to the Spice scheme. Spice community members should simply call in to Taliesin box office with their vouchers stating that they will be redeeming them as part or full ‘payment’ for tickets (at a rate of 2 Time Credits per performance).
The following logo can be seen against selected events on our website, brochure, posters and/or flyers, which are included in the scheme.
Hynt - a national access scheme for Welsh theatres and venues
In order to support our customers with disabilities, Taliesin Arts Centre has operated an informal scheme for some years, which gives a complimentary ticket to carers and personal assistants.
Since March 2015 , we have joined a new national access scheme in Wales called Hynt, which is a network of thirty venues across Wales committed to making sure that art and culture is for everyone.
Hynt cardholders will be entitled to a ticket free of charge for a personal assistant or carer at all the theatres and arts centres participating in the scheme.
This means we will not be continuing with our existing scheme and you will need to re-apply to become a Hynt member. We are making this change because we believe that Hynt will be of huge benefit to our customers. It will enable you to access performances and activities across a range of venues in Wales by being part of the national scheme.
We have been phasing out our existing access scheme gradually since March 2015. We are at the stage now where those eligible for the carer/assistant free ticket concession should be a holder of a Hynt card. If you have not yet obtained a Hynt card, we strongly urge that you follow the advice above as soon as you can.
If you have any questions or concerns about Taleisin Arts Centre’s switch to Hynt, please do not hesitate to contact s on 01792 602060.
Facilities for customers with Disabilities
Please inform the box office staff if you have any particular requirements and we will be happy to help. Taliesin has been designed with the emphasis on access for all:
- Power-assisted doors
- Seasonal brochure available in large print or braille (upon request).
- For customers with impaired hearing we have infrared and audio loop systems in use in the auditorium, and a number of our cinema screenings are subtitled/audio-enhanced
- Audio description is available for many films for customers with visual impairment, however the auditorium is tiered to give a clear view from all seats (so does have steps to most rows).
- Level access and lift to all public areas
- Accessible toilet on the first floor.
- Spaces for wheelchair users in the auditorium.
- Guide dogs welcome.
- Allocated parking nearby for patrons with disabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm having trouble registering to book online, what should I do?
There may be a number of reasons for this so please call our Box Office staff during opening hours and they will assist you with your intial online booking.
I made a mistake during my online booking, what should I do?
You may 'remove' individual items from your cart or 'empty your cart' and begin your booking again. Alternatively, you may call our Box Office staff during opening times for assistance.
How do I know if my booking is confirmed?
Once your online booking is complete you will receive an email, sent to the address you registered with. Please print this email out (where possible) and bring it along to the theatre to redeem your tickets. If you do not receive an email, please call our Box Office team on 01792 60 20 60.
I have booked tickets online. What happens next?
Once your online booking is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. Your tickets will be in your name, ready to collect from Taliesin Box Office at your convenience. Where possible, you should bring along your printed email confirmation in order to collect your tickets. Please ensure that you collect your tickets at least 30 minutes before the start of the performance when collecting on the day.
YOUR VISIT TO TALIESIN
Do you have baby changing facilities?
Yes, we have baby changing facilities in our accessible toilet on the first floor.
Do you have a dress code?
No, we don't - other than please wear some, of course!
Where is the Box Office?
The box office is on the lower floor (the same level as Lloyds & John Smiths Bookstores), in the same space as the gallery and gift shop.
Where is the auditorium?
We have one 326-seat auditorium, which serves as both theatre and cinema. It is on the first floor of the building (the same level as the cafe bar).
Will there be an interval?
This does vary between performances - some shows will even have two! Where we have that information in advance it will be included in the event info on this site. If we don't know in advance, our Front of House staff will be able to tell you upon arrival.
Where is the reception desk?
Our reception desk is on the first floor (café bar level). It is unmanned during the day, but is the base for the Duty Manager before, during and after performances.
What is the maximum age for children to sit on laps in the auditorium?
Under 2 years
Do I need ID to buy tickets for the theatre or cinema?
We ask that proof of all concessions be shown on collection of tickets. If you book tickets online or over the telephone you will need to bring your proof of concession to the Box Office in order to redeem your tickets.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
Yes, we sell gift cards which are available from the Box Office/Gallery to be used for all events and gallery purchases.
Do you have a membership scheme?
We do have a membership scheme, however it is currently fully subscribed. When memberships become available they are advertised in our season brochure. We do not hold a waiting list.
Is there free Wi-Fi available?
Yes. Visitors to Taliesin may connect to the University’s free visitor W-Fi network. More information on how to connect is at https://swis.swan.ac.uk/visitors.php
Swansea University and Taliesin are committed to promoting Sustainability. The University is a leader in cutting-edge research into sustainability and has introduced a number of innovations on campus.
All public areas and offices in Taliesin are equipped with Recycling Bins for the collection of paper, cardboard, glass cans and plastics for recycling. Specialist recycling is carried out in respect of electrical or electronic equipment, including batteries, printer & toner cartridges, light bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
We have an online resource sharing system which provides for staff to claim, pass on or loan out surplus resources such as furniture and equipment.
Staff and visitors, are encouraged to use sustainable forms of transport to travel to Taliesin. For bus, rail and coach journey planning and timetable information, you may find this link useful http://www.traveline-cymru.info. Bicycle racks can be found next to Taliesin to secure bikes.
We have recently installed energy efficient lighting wherever possible, reducing our carbon footprint significantly. In addition, movement sensor lighting has been installed in frequently used areas. The taps in toilets are automatic turn off taps to minimise water waste.
Swansea University is the first in Wales to be awarded Fairtrade Status. The cafe/bar at Taliesin provide a range of fair-trade products, including tea and coffee. Suppliers are required to provide their policy on Fairtrade. Local produce is sourced wherever possible.
To find out more about Swansea University’s commitment to Sustainability, please visit :-
How to find us
How to Get Here by Car
The routes to Swansea are very straightforward. You can get directions from www.maps.google.co.uk.
The postcode for Taliesin Arts Centre, Swansea Universiy is SA2 8PZ.
The postcode for Swansea University's newest venue, The Great Hall, Bay Campus is SA1 8EN.
We regret that we are only able to offer Mon-Fri daytime parking for Blue Badge holders. Nearby public parking is available at Brynmill Recreation Ground and the Pub on the Pond. Outside of office hours, visitors are welcome to park in any of the campus car parks. Please see map for details.
Parking at the Great Hall, Bay Campus - for events at The Great Hall. Visitors should park in the staff car park and use Pay & Display. Please scroll down for further details about parking at The Great Hall.
Visit us by bike
There are cycle racks outside of Taliesin located next to both the Digital Technium and the Egypt Centre.
Visit us by bus
Bus numbers 2A, 3A, 4, 4A, 8, 14, 41 and 42 serve the university from the city centre Quadrant bus station. In addition,
bus numbers 2, 2B and 3 stop on the Mumbles Road near to the University.
For further information on the local bus services, see http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/wales/swwales/home/index.php
The Great Hall
Follow directions to Swansea Univerity's Bay Campus
Swansea University, Fabian Way, Crymlyn Burrows, Swansea SA1 8EN
Parking is available for visitors of The Great Hall as follows:
Parking for Blue Badge holders is situated alongside the Engineering building.
Use staff car park P&D
£1.50 up to 2 hours
£2.50 up to 4 hours
£3.50/day (0800 – 1800)
£1.50 (from 1800 – 0800)
PLEASE NOTE that no change is given at the P&D car park.
For events, there is limited free parking in the Bay Campus Visitor Car Park.
Complaints can be made in person, in writing or by e-mail
Taliesin Arts Centre
Our aim is to resolve your complaint efficiently and within the following timescales:
- We will acknowledge your comments within 3 working days of receipt, and respond within 15 working days to inform you of our findings.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of our response you can contact us again with your concerns and, if appropriate, our findings and proposed resolution will be reviewed by a senior manager.
TALIESIN ARTS CENTRE CUSTOMER CHARTER
Taliesin Arts Centre is owned and operated by Swansea University, and recognised as a Regional Performing Arts Centre.
We host a broad programme of events including cinema screenings, and a great variety of live performances, from dance and drama to jazz and world music. The Ceri Richards Gallery presents an average of eight exhibitions of contemporary art per year alongside a range of designer craft and gifts available to purchase.
Our emphasis at Taliesin is on quality and innovation - providing a vital service to both students and the people of Swansea, acting as a regional centre of excellence.
- Maintain our reputation for creative excellence and diversity.
- Ensure that Taliesin is a welcoming, and friendly environment.
- Develop our brand as a leader, supporter, and innovator in the Cultural life of Swansea and throughout Wales. We will do this by taking our productions outside the theatre, for example via our annual Dance Days festival in the city centre, and by touring our own productions and co-productions to other venues across Wales & beyond.
- Support young people’s artistic talents by creating opportunities for community groups and schools to participate in workshops and performances at Taliesin.
- Ensure that everything we do is accessible to all.
Standards and Levels of Service
- Our premises will be clean and tidy with clear signage to help you find your way around the building.
- Taliesin staff will be friendly, welcoming and polite.
- All frontline staff will be easily identifiable with name badges, Taliesin Stewards also wear uniforms.
- Staff are trained to provide excellent customer Service. They will be knowledgeable about the events and the services we provide.
- We will respond promptly and courteously to questions and complaints. We aim to answer all queries at the first point of contact. If this is not possible the query will be directed to an appropriate member of our team.
- Taliesin has been designed with the emphasis on access for all.
- We will work hard to ensure our building is as user friendly as possible.
- The auditorium is accessible for wheelchair users.
- The bar and the box office have lowered accessible counters.
- Wheelchair users who are accompanied by an assistant will receive a complimentary ticket for their assistant (Taliesin events only). Please request this when booking.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located in the foyer.
- Registered assistance dogs are admitted.
- In our auditorium we have an induction/hearing loop and an infra-red hearing system, for use with our headsets. On arrival please contact the Front of House Manager to borrow a headset, which can be used with or without a hearing aid. We also supply headsets for Audio Description when available.
If you have any accessibility issues whilst at Taliesin, please contact a member of staff, who will assist you.
- We will endeavour to keep all print up to date and make information available in large print, Braille, or in Welsh on request.
- We will use plain and clear language in our publications and correspondence.
- All print will be correct at the time of going to press.
The Cafe/Bar in Taliesin is managed by University Campus Catering. On performance evenings the bar will be open 90 minutes prior to performance.
Taliesin also houses The Egypt Centre. Lloyds Bank, a cash point and John Smith’s Bookshop are located on ground floor.
In person at the counter
- Monday to Friday: 10am–6pm (if there is an evening performance box office will close 15 minutes after start time of the event.
- Saturday 10am-1pm & 1.30pm - 4pm (if there is an evening performance box office will open at 4.30pm and close 15 minutes after start time of the event).
- Sunday open at 5pm if there is a performance, closing 15 minutes after start of the event.
- Our box office telephone line (01792 60 20 60) will be open Monday – Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am-1pm & 1.30pm-4pm. When we have an evening performance, our box office telephone line will remain open until 30 minutes before the start of the performance.
- Should you require telephone assistance after this time, our reception desk is manned on performance evenings and can be contacted on 01792 295567.
Using the internet
- You can book tickets online on this website
- We will ensure our website is easy to navigate and user friendly. The information will be up to date and in plain clear language.
- On performance evenings a member of staff will be available at the Reception Desk from 5pm until close. The Front of House Duty Manager is also available on performance evenings. The telephone number for the Front Desk is 01792 295567.
- Other Departments can be contacted during normal office hours. Department telephone numbers can be found on our website.
- All correspondence will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt.
- Our reply will be in plain and clear language.
Your Views and Making a Complaint
- We will continually monitor our service standards and listen to our customers views, making improvements where necessary.
- If you would like to comment on our services, whether good or bad, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details of our complaints procedure are available on our website and on request.