Complaints can be made in person, in writing or by e-mail
Taliesin Arts Centre
Our aim is to resolve your complaint efficiently and within the following timescales:
- We will acknowledge your comments within 3 working days of receipt, and respond within 15 working days to inform you of our findings.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of our response you can contact us again with your concerns and, if appropriate, our findings and proposed resolution will be reviewed by a senior manager.
TALIESIN ARTS CENTRE CUSTOMER CHARTER
Taliesin Arts Centre is owned and operated by Swansea University, and recognised as a Regional Performing Arts Centre.
We host a broad programme of events including cinema screenings, and a great variety of live performances, from dance and drama to jazz and world music. The Ceri Richards Gallery presents an average of eight exhibitions of contemporary art per year alongside a range of designer craft and gifts available to purchase.
Our emphasis at Taliesin is on quality and innovation - providing a vital service to both students and the people of Swansea, acting as a regional centre of excellence.
- Maintain our reputation for creative excellence and diversity.
- Ensure that Taliesin is a welcoming, and friendly environment.
- Develop our brand as a leader, supporter, and innovator in the Cultural life of Swansea and throughout Wales. We will do this by taking our productions outside the theatre, for example via our annual Dance Days festival in the city centre, and by touring our own productions and co-productions to other venues across Wales & beyond.
- Support young people’s artistic talents by creating opportunities for community groups and schools to participate in workshops and performances at Taliesin.
- Ensure that everything we do is accessible to all.
Standards and Levels of Service
- Our premises will be clean and tidy with clear signage to help you find your way around the building.
- Taliesin staff will be friendly, welcoming and polite.
- All frontline staff will be easily identifiable with name badges, Taliesin Stewards also wear uniforms.
- Staff are trained to provide excellent customer Service. They will be knowledgeable about the events and the services we provide.
- We will respond promptly and courteously to questions and complaints. We aim to answer all queries at the first point of contact. If this is not possible the query will be directed to an appropriate member of our team.
- Taliesin has been designed with the emphasis on access for all.
- We will work hard to ensure our building is as user friendly as possible.
- The auditorium is accessible for wheelchair users.
- The bar and the box office have lowered accessible counters.
- Wheelchair users who are accompanied by an assistant will receive a complimentary ticket for their assistant (Taliesin events only). Please request this when booking.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located in the foyer.
- Registered assistance dogs are admitted.
- In our auditorium we have an induction/hearing loop and an infra-red hearing system, for use with our headsets. On arrival please contact the Front of House Manager to borrow a headset, which can be used with or without a hearing aid. We also supply headsets for Audio Description when available.
If you have any accessibility issues whilst at Taliesin, please contact a member of staff, who will assist you.
- We will endeavour to keep all print up to date and make information available in large print, Braille, or in Welsh on request.
- We will use plain and clear language in our publications and correspondence.
- All print will be correct at the time of going to press.
The Cafe/Bar in Taliesin is managed by University Campus Catering. On performance evenings the bar will be open 90 minutes prior to performance.
Taliesin also houses The Egypt Centre. Lloyds Bank, a cash point and John Smith’s Bookshop are located on ground floor.
In person at the counter
- Monday to Friday: 10am–6pm (if there is an evening performance box office will close 15 minutes after start time of the event.
- Saturday 10am-1pm & 1.30pm - 4pm (if there is an evening performance box office will open at 4.30pm and close 15 minutes after start time of the event).
- Sunday open at 5pm if there is a performance, closing 15 minutes after start of the event.
- Our box office telephone line (01792 60 20 60) will be open Monday – Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am-1pm & 1.30pm-4pm. When we have an evening performance, our box office telephone line will remain open until 30 minutes before the start of the performance.
- Should you require telephone assistance after this time, our reception desk is manned on performance evenings and can be contacted on 01792 295567.
Using the internet
- You can book tickets online on this website
- We will ensure our website is easy to navigate and user friendly. The information will be up to date and in plain clear language.
- On performance evenings a member of staff will be available at the Reception Desk from 5pm until close. The Front of House Duty Manager is also available on performance evenings. The telephone number for the Front Desk is 01792 295567.
- Other Departments can be contacted during normal office hours. Department telephone numbers can be found on our website.
- All correspondence will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt.
- Our reply will be in plain and clear language.
Your Views and Making a Complaint
- We will continually monitor our service standards and listen to our customers views, making improvements where necessary.
- If you would like to comment on our services, whether good or bad, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details of our complaints procedure are available on our website and on request.